Way back in 2018 & 2019, I would host a weekly meetup. I would select an East Memphis coffee shop and treat this 1 hour a week as open office hours. I would have people show up with all kinds of digital marketing question.
I did a few things right.
- Consistency – I had a weekly standing time and same general area of town.
- Discoverable – I published the event details on Meetup.com, Facebook and Eventbrite.
- Valuable – I delivered the attendees valuable and actionable content.
I did a LOT of stuff wrong. Hindsight has taught me many valuable lessons on how I could have done just about everything better.
It’s now time to put these lessons into action.
Reboot of Memphis SEO Meetup group
- Host a weekly meetup.
- Distribute content to attendees/members.
- Have a donation suggestion available.
- Have a paid consulting offer available.
- Create an member avatar
- Create a member survey [done]
- Create a free report for joining
- Create about organizer content [done]
- Create donation page
- Create paid consultation page[done]
More to come on this project as I progress.