Taken from a project chat:
- Google is trashing ranking tools – they want you more reliant on Google Search Console position.
- These recent SERP updates are more for mobile search than desktop(depends on the search, but we know our customer is more mobile)
- Google is moving conversions/transactions into the SERP – more obvious if you watch e-commerce.
- All that to say this… All our digital assets need to be
- optimized for capturing customer in SERP
- optimized for providing Google content, knowing that Google is not sending users there, but using the content in SERP or to validate we should be in SERP
- optimized for showing “happy” user signals to Google. Hey Google, when you send people here that are looking for this, they find what they are looking for!